Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Connecting with The Art Connection

When I moved out of my studio back on January, I had a number of works that I loved but also wanted to find a good home too. I had always been interested in donating work to the Art Connection but kept putting it off until Tova Speter came to my studio and said "So Jenny..." Perfect timing! I handed off the art work to her, delayed the paperwork for months (shame on me) and finally got my work registered with their organization.

The Art Connection is a non-profit organization that connects artists and other non-profits. Artists who have art to donate, organizations who have a need for donated art to liven up their spaces, a perfect match. As artists, we often have so much work that sits around that it is a great opportunity to share our work with those in need. At no cost to the artist or the non-profit.

So far my work has been placed at the Massasoit Community College, The Dimock Center and the Lowell Community Health Center. I am very pleased that my work will be placed in public spaces to be viewed and appreciated by many people from varied communities.

Learn more about the Art Connection at www.theartconnection.org

No comments: