Friday, January 23, 2009

Twittery Tweet

Check me out on Twitter! Recently I have started writing haikus, primarily to woo my wife Lucia but also as an outlet for my day dreamy thoughts. Ok, really most of my day dreamy thoughts are of her... But I've begun to use Twitter as a way of publishing some of these haikus.
Words, snippets, iconic and ironic slices of verbage have always been important for my work. Haikus are such great visual literary works of art. By no means are my haikus very good; they are just ok. But the joy is in writing them and finding word solutions to the simple 5, 7 5 syllable beat pattern.

Here is one I wrote for Cia:
sleep deep call me soon
dream of her under the sphere
silver dew to kiss


Here is one on sketching:
Pen and paper inked
ideas draw towards flow
image and words sync


I look forward to seeing how these haikus make their way into my art...

No comments: